Region 17 offers training, information, consulting services, and direct services in the area of student accounting and operations.
Services to school districts in the areas of student accounting operations intended to increase efficiency and quality of school district student accounting operations. Includes services in the following student accounting operations areas:
- Student data required and Student Attendance Accounting Handbook (SAAH)
- Person Enrollment Tracker (PET)
- Texas Records Exchange (TREx)
- Other services
Services are provided at three levels based on district needs.
Level I (accessed through PEIMS Level II contract)
Services include training, information, and consulting assistance to school districts needing occasional guidance or assistance with issues concerning student accounting and operations. Training will include student (PEIMS) data overview and resources for beginning personnel, Chapter 37 (Discipline), and best practices presentations from TEA.
Services offered include additional training (at no additional cost to TxEIS student software clients), information, and consulting assistance in areas of student accounting operations for district staff. Region 17 also offers review and consultation on district or campus student accounting processes.
Region 17 staff process campus student accounting records and transactions typically performed by campus administration. The services offered include:
- Student registration
- Student scheduling
- Daily student attendance
- Attendance reports verification and balancing
- Attendance corrections
- 1st and 4th six weeks attendance reconciliation
- Six weeks attendance reports preparation
- Master schedule creation and scheduling of students
- Student special program coding (excluding immunizations)
- IPRs and six weeks report cards preparation
- Student discipline
- TREx administration for student record transfers